0




(……. Continued from BETRAYED 2)

After Tina’s phone rang twice, unsure of what to do, with me in tears, she answered the call.

Tina: Hello Sam

Sam: I’m sorry we’ve not communicated in a while, I do miss you and would like to see you

Tina: Please let’s talk later, need to sort some things out, ok

Sam: But can’t it wait

Tina: No, I’m sorry. Later ok

Sam: if you say so. Take care my dear.

Tina: Thanks. Bye Sammy.

(Sam felt Tina sounded a bit odd, but believed she’d get over the issues soon and be back to him soon)

Tina: T-gal, I’m really sorry… please talk to me.

Tricia: (thinking) I cannot believe my ears, how could my Best friend attempt to get me in a trap? … I’m dumbfounded. I’ve been praying for someone, who unknown to me, wanted me to go down with her. What do I do?

Tina: T-gal, please I know I’ve hurt you, but I don’t want to lose us…I’m sincerely sorry

Tricia: Please give me some minutes, I need to use the ladies, I’ll be back.

I went to the ladies, not to relief myself, my head was full, I had to cry my heart out.

Tricia: (crying) O Lord, I was at the point of leading her to you, but I’m hurting right now, I don’t know how to do this. I need your help Lord. Do I walk away?
After few minutes, I heard Him say to me: “Yes, I know it hurt so bad, but imagine, what it was like when I was denied by Peter, what I did is what you need to do. You need to forgive her and bring her in…. we’ve waited for her for a long time now, we are never giving up on her. Remember, My Grace is sufficient for you, and my strength is made perfect in weaknesses.”
I washed my face and returned to Tina’s room, her head was buried in her hands when I walked in, she then looked up at me as I walked towards her.

Tricia: (hugging Tina) I forgive you Tina, I love you, we can start all over again and better.

Tina: Thank you so much Tricia, I’m grateful. Thank you.

Tricia: I have no choice my dear, that’s what Jesus would do.

Tina: Wow, I think I’m ready to join you, please tell me how to connect with Jesus.

Tricia: The Person of Jesus being in my life is the best thing to happen to me. It’s wonderful to know that connecting with him is not complex as we sometimes think, because his arms are open wide to receive as many as we believe in Him. Let me show you his word.

God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son so that whoever believes in him may not be lost, but have eternal life. John 3:16.

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame…… for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Rom 10:9-11,13.

Tina: How do I do that? The Confessing and believing?

Tricia: Pray, ask God to forgive your sins, acknowledge in your heart and believe Jesus died for you to be Saved. Take my hand, let’s do it together.

I led Tina to Christ, and also encouraged her further with this word, But to as many as did receive and welcome Him, He gave the right [the authority, the privilege] to become children of God, that is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name— who were born, not of blood [natural conception], nor of the will of the flesh [physical impulse], nor of the will of man [that of a natural father], but of God [that is, a divine and supernatural birth—they are born of God—spiritually transformed, renewed, sanctified]. John 1:12,13

Few weeks Later, we were back to school, and Tina started going to fellowship with me. One day, while she was in the room, she got a call from Sam.

Sam: Hey girl…. I didn’t hear from you again, what’s going on?

Tina: Hello Sam, I’m sorry, but I don’t think I can continue with this relationship any more.

Sam: What? Why? I still love you.

Tina: My values have changed, I’m a Christian now…. I’m born again.

Sam: (laughs) you? Born again? You can’t be serious.

Tina: And why is that? What’s funny?

Sam: Look you’re too impure for the church folks and trust me, none of them is going to look your way… remember you’re like a half woman currently… so take my advice. You belong with me, girl. We’ve got our youth to have fun not being bored with Church. Hello….

Tina ends the call and begins to cry…….

Sam: oh! She ended the call, I hope she gets over this Church syndrome.

I walked in to the room later and found Tina in tears.

Tricia: Tina dear, why are you crying? What happened?

Tina: It’s Sam.

Tricia: Sam? What about him?

Tina: (sobbing) He said I’m too impure for the church folks and no one is going to look my way… that I’m a half woman currently.

Tricia: What?!!! When? Did he come here? 

Tina: No. He called me

Tricia: Tina, I’m sorry he made those statements to you, but you need know that he is lying. There is no one that comes to God, that he casts away. If possible, cut every form of communication with Sam for now. You need to heal completely and Trust God. You won’t be disappointed; I can assure you.

Tina: Thanks, T-gal

Tricia: Now clean those tears and smile for your best friend.

I gave her a hug and went to prepare dinner.

Few years later, we were oth in Final year. Steve called for me at the end of the service on a fateful Sunday morning.

Steve: Tricia

Tricia: Yes, Steve

Steve: I need to talk to you about your friend, Tina. Please take a seat.

Tricia: ok, I’m listening.

Steve: I’m interested in her…. Like I’m considering being in a relationship with her that could lead to marriage. So, I needed you to tell me more about her, since she is your best friend.

Tricia: Well Steve, Tina is Basically a nice lady, growing in the faith, but I don’t think I need to be more elaborate than this. I believe you can approach her and get to know her for yourself.

Steve: ok, thanks.

I walked away to meet Tina for us to return to our room.

Tina: Hey dear, so what was Steve telling you about, that was making you Smile.

Tricia: oh, he was just telling about some lady in our fellowship, you know a new member.

Tina: Are you guys planning a “follow up” session.

Tricia: (smiles) Nope

Tina: ok o, please let just get going I’m hungry.

Tricia: Yea, me too.

Within six months, Tina had become friends with Steve like myself. We had just concluded our final exams. Steve felt it was time he opened up to Tina. Today, He met us leaving the School’s Law Club Centre.

Steve: Tina! Tricia! wait up

Tina: Hi Steve, how are you doing?

Steve: I’m good. How are you Ladies?

Tricia and Tina: we’re fine.

Steve: ok, Tina please can I see you for few minutes.

Tina turns to look at me, I gave her smile. And they took few steps away from where I was.

Tina: ok

Steve: I just wanted to know if it be ok for me to invite out for lunch later today?

Tina: yea sure, but what about Tricia, don’t you think she should come too?

Steve: Today’s own is a bit different.

Tina: interesting… well call me by 12 noon. I need to be sure my best friend is not going to be left alone, while I’m at some place with our friend.

Steve: Ok, I will.

Tina: Yea, bye Steve

Steve: yea, see you soon.

Tina smiles and walks back towards me.

Tricia: So what’s behind the smile?

Tina: Steve is a very funny guy, he called me aside to ask if he could invite me for lunch, and I told him you needed to be there too, but he said this is different. So I told him to call by 12, while I ask you, so as to finally decide. I don’t want you to be alone.

Tricia: Tina dear, I’ll be fine. I’m ok with you going without me. I’ll go play volley ball with the lodge girls then.

Tina: Ok, if you say so. Now what do I wear.

Tricia: I think this royal blue gown is ok.

Tina: ok, thanks.

Steve called Tina at 12 noon, and she told him she was available, so he came to pick her from the room 30 minutes later.

Steve: You look unusually pretty today

Tina: Thanks, you don’t look bad yourself.

Tricia: Good day Steve

Steve: Hey, Good day Tricia

Tina: T-gal, are you sure you don’t want to come with us?

Tricia: No, go ahead, (Smiles)...  you’re in safe hands.

I gave them both a hug and they left. They arrived at the Restaurant few minutes later and walked in:

Steve: Ladies First, (Smiles) (getting the seat out for Tina)

Tina: (Smiles) thank you.

They made their orders and got talking

Steve: So tell me Tina, what’s your plans after graduation?

Tina: well, I have applied to the Law School, so that will help further my career in Family Law.

Steve: Wow, that’s impressive.

Tina: I’m trusting God to help me… so, how’s your MBA going?

Steve: it’s been going pretty well; I should conclude the programme in 3months time.

Tina: wow, congrats in advance

Steve: Thank you. So I do have something I need to ask you Tina

Tina: Ok.

Steve: I’ve really come to admire your person. You’re quite an exceptional lady and I’m hoping we could me more than friends. By your agreement, I’d love to be in a relationship with you, that could lead to marriage, God-willing. What do you say?

Tina: Steve, I’m sorry, I’m more than what you see. I can’t.

Steve: I don’t really understand, I can give you time to search your heart and pray.

Tina: Steve… I …. I… I’ve a lot of baggage that won’t make this work. I’m sorry (Starts to Cry)

Steve: oh no…. Please don’t cry. Did I say something wrong?

Tina: No… Please can I get home.

Steve: ok.

Steve brought her home that evening amidst tears, I was shocked, but calmed myself to be able to get a view of things. Tina ran inside the room, still in tears.

Why was Tina crying? Find out inTainted Yet Loved 2

Much Love
Joan A.

Post a Comment

 
Top