0


Tricia: Steve, what happened?

Steve: I’m confused myself. We got talking pretty well, but when I made my intentions known, she started crying. Please, I hope she will be ok, whatever it is. Let her know I’m sorry if I said anything wrong

Tricia: Sorry about this... I’ll take care of her.

Steve: Thanks Tricia. Good night.

Tricia: yea, Goodnight Steve.

I went in to speak with Tina, I could not understand why she was downcast. She was draining her pillow in tears. So I sat quietly beside her.

Tricia: Tina, what happened love? What happened to you?

Tina: why is God reminding me of my past?

Tricia: my dear, I don’t understand, please stop crying, talk to me.

Tina: Steve wants us to be in a relationship, with a hopes of getting married.

Tricia: But that’s a good thing coming your way dear, you left him apologizing to me on your behalf last night.

Tina: Tricia!! Have you forgotten I don’t have womb anymore? I can’t bear children for any man. Steve is too good a guy for me to put such burden on him.

Tricia: oh my…. I see why you’re crying… But T-love, no situation is hopeless before God. I think we should pray about this. Be open to God, if Steve is the guy, he’ll love you beyond the scars of the past.

Tina: Tricia, it does not sound good. I’ll need to tell him upfront, but I’ll need your help.

Tricia: ok dear.

The next day Steve came to visit us. I went to let him in.

Tricia: Hi Steve, welcome

Steve: Thanks Tricia, good afternoon. How are you doing? And how is Tina?

Tricia: We’re fine, she is inside… we need to speak with you

Steve: ok, I hope no problem

Tricia: Well, it depends on how you see it, let’s go in.

Steve: Hi Tina, I’m so sorry about last night. Hope you’re ok?

Tina: Good day Steve. I’m sorry too. I should have not let my emotions overwhelm me. I’m still speechless… I’m not capable of building a family with you. I can’t bear a child. (crying).

I tried to console Tina

Tricia: Steve, Basically, Tina was caught up in a mistake, a wrong relationship, during our First year. It became life threatening that the only option of survival was Hysterectomy. So, that’s what she is trying to let you know.

Steve moved closer to us, held Tina by the hand:

Steve: I’m sorry about what you went through, but I love you Tina. I believe That God can still do miracles – if you are willing, I am certain that you’re the one I need in this journey. Take your time and pray. I’ll hear from you when you have an assured answer.

Tina:  This love is strange…. I’m speechless, but I’d get back to you in 3 months’ time

Steve: Alright dear. I’ll be leaving now.

Tricia and Tina: Bye Steve
Three months later, Tina accepted Steve’s proposal and the wedding was fixed, and I was her maid of honour. On her wedding day, we had a brief talk before she walked in to meet her Groom.

Tina: Oh T-gal…. how can this be happening? Am I worth this love?

Tricia: My dearest Tina, being tainted never disqualifies you from God’s love. That’s why Jesus came. That’s what extravagant grace is all about. To give you an oil of gladness, beauty for ashes, a garment of praise instead of mourning. It’s your day, my dear. It’s a new dawn.

Tina: Thank you Jesus for your extravagant grace that found me and transformed.

Tricia: Let’s go now, your groom is waiting.

And the one with scars was found by love and grace.

Dear Friend, I may not know the Scars in your Past or Present life, but what I know is that Jesus Christ came to give everyone who accepts him eternal life, a rich and satisfying life, even while on Earth. That’s what Believers celebrate this season of Easter. His love and Grace is available. Only ask.
Hear this: Though millions have come, there is a room for more… there is a room at the cross for you.

Happy Easter and Remain Blessed
(Please do share as you are blessed and also follow me on any of the Social Media platforms)

Much Love
Joan A.

NB: (This is a work of fiction. Names, Incidents, events, etc. are used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.)






Post a Comment

 
Top