0






Nina continues her Story:
Nina: 2 months to last Valentine, during our 2nd year, I met a Guy named Raymond. Ray was in His Finals. He was a senior colleague. He said he has been watching me and likes my Academic inclination, admired my type of person and wanted us to be friends. He was willing to help put me through some course work. I accepted his friendship. He also helped me in my course work sometimes.

A week to Valentine, he Proposed to me.  He said he wanted to settle down after school and it has to be me. He already had a Job then in his Finals. He was willing to wait till my final project is done and we could walk down the aisle. 
Really I was attracted to him in a way. He was hardworking and intelligent. I gave him a Positive response on valentine’s eve and he said we would Celebrate the next day. I obliged but told him it had to be minimal. He accepted. He arranged for us to meet at a Friend’s Party, but things turned out differently. You remember Jenny, my best friend.

Sam: Yes

Nina: She left this reading group because of Pascal’s nagging request for odd times with her. I tried to let her know she could overlook it. She declined and I respected her opinion. She was my saviour from a relationship that headed for the rocks. Anyways, I told her about my Plans with Ray, she was not too comfortable with it, but I was like a girl that found new candy in the name of “Love”. So she advised me to ask Ray some questions about commitment to our relationship before we go for the party. I accepted. Ray had come to pick me up at our place and I asked him for some few seconds to get some info from him.

Ray: hello Pretty

Nina: hi Ray, please can I ask for few minutes with you before we proceed to the Party

Ray: OK, That’s Nice, so what’s up?

Nina: What are the Party Plans?

Ray: oh! We are going to hang out with some friends, have lots of food and drink to devour and end the day with having our fill of Love from each other in my Place and I’ll drop you of Tomorrow. Isn’t that great?

Nina: ok… but if after we have our fill of love, it results in our becoming parents- you know if I get Pregnant? Are you willing to father a child now?

Ray: (scoffs) we are not married, so how do we become Parents? And who gets pregnant on a one-night Stand? —moreover I will use protection.

Nina: I’m sorry, I’m not ready for this.

Ray: You’re not ready? After all these months? I thought you loved me?

Nina: I do…...it’s just…

Ray: (interrupts) ok, maybe we’ll forget the party and hang out here; celebrate our love here and Now... you know... just you and me.

He moves closer to me, but was stopped short at the entrance of Jenny to the sitting Room

Jenny: Don’t even think about it!!!

Ray: What?!! And who are you? What’s your business?

Jenny: If you do not leave right now, I’ll use this Knife on you.

Ray: Nina, can you please ask this Lady to stay out of our Business.

Nina: Ray, please you need to leave ok…. for now, please.

Ray: you are asking me to leave? Well, consider this relationship over. I’ll go get a mature girl for myself who understands how to make a man happy. He then walked away Angry.

I cried all morning, Jenny tried to console me. I was really hurt.

Nina: How will he leave ‘cos I rejected his sex request? Is this what being in love is all about?

Jenny: No dear, what you just saw is plain Lust, not Love, ok. Don’t worry you’re better off without him.

Sam was more calm now and really wanted to know more.

Sam: wow, so you got that close to another guy. I never knew. I’m sorry for your loss.

Nina: well, I don’t really consider it a loss right now. Later that Evening, Jenny asked that I join her to attend a Relationship Seminar. With Party Plans Cancelled, I reluctantly followed her. But it turned out to be great. I learnt so much on true meaning of Love. So Ray was not in Love with me. He only lusted after my beauty.

Sam: You must be a love guru then, so tell me about it.

Nina: (smiles) I learnt about the Character of true love: “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.” (1. Corinthians. 13:4-8). Another one is this: “Mighty waters cannot extinguish love; rivers cannot sweep it away, if a man were to give all his wealth for love, it would be utterly scorned.” (Songs of Solomon. 8:7.)

I was fearful of Ray’s reaction and would have given in if not for Jenny. I also understood from the teaching that love and fear don’t work in harmony.

Sam: How?

Nina:  There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love (1. John. 4:18).

Sam: Did you buy the book the man was teaching this great insight from?

Nina: (smiles) Yes, Sam, it’s a book even most Nominal Christians have but never have time to open- The Bible.

Sam: Wow, I never knew the bible had such thoughts about Love.

Nina: Yes, it does. God is love and His word gives the True picture of Love. So, I gave my life to Christ and I got born again that day during the Seminar. It seemed I lost Ray, but Christ found me. I felt Love in an awesome way. And it was worth it. Ever since then I decided to heed the His word. Some of which are: “Young women of Jerusalem, I charge you: do not stir up or awaken love until the appropriate time.” Songs of Solomon. 8:4; and “Let marriage be held in honour among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.” Hebrews.13:4.  

Personally, I decided not to get involved in any relationship until I’m ready for marriage. I’ll wait for the one God has for me.

Sam: But how can I overlook all the pretty ladies on Campus (Grins).

Nina: (smiles) You can by the power of God, when you accept Christ in you and become born again. After much Talks. Sam was led to Christ by Nina.

Sam: Nina, Thank you so much. This Valentine has been wonderful. I still need to know how to go about Loving the right way as a Single without getting Entangled.

Nina: OK, I’ll inform you when we will be having our next meeting in our Singles for Christ Forum.

Sam: Thanks

They summarized their study, and both went back to their Lodges.

As a lady, are you going to be “Jenny”, “Nina”, “Judy” or the Unknown lady that will make the likes of “Ray” a “happy man”? I hope you choose to be Jenny or Nina, not just these valentine, but at all times.

As a guy, are you going to be “Ray”, “Pascal”, or “Sam”? I hope you be Like “Sam” …Submit those fires of Lust to Christ and he’ll quench it.

Valentine Plans: Sharing God’s Love.

Remain Blessed
(Please do share as you are blessed and also follow me on any of the Social Media platforms)

Much Love from Joan.

NB: (This is a work of fiction. Names, Incidents, events, etc. are used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.)

Post a Comment

 
Top