0


As I ran from Dave, I was able to get a hidden shed fast, which I ran into, and hid. After he searched, and could not find me, he walked back towards his car and drove off. I stayed the night in the Shed after I prayed, but woke up early to leave, hoping to meet up with fellowship. It was 6 AM Sunday morning, when I walked towards the roadside, after few minutes someone stopped by me, I stepped away as fast as I could, but he called my forum pet name... I stopped.

Steve: Debby…

Tricia: (looked into the car, saw a familiar face) oh! Steve, good morning.

Steve: Good morning Tricia, what brings you to this area this early? please come in.

Tricia: (enters the car) I’m actually going back to my lodge, I came for a program yesterday, had some not so good encounters, so I was unable to get home that same yesterday

Steve: Oh, sorry about that... I hope you’re not hurt.

Tricia: No… thanks to God.

Steve: Ok, I’m on my way to Church, I’d drop you off at your lodge and go on.

Tricia: thanks a lot

Steve: You’re welcome.

When I got to the lodge, Tina was not in, so I figured she would still be in Sam’s place. After I cleaned up, I was still dazed with the scene of last night, that I had to stay indoors that morning. I still could not imagine how a seeming nice and Calm guy like Dave would attempt what he did last night. I was thankful to God, for saving me from such.

Later in the day, After the evening Service, I met my pastor’s wife and told her what happened. She was happy I was safe and unhurt, but also counselled I need to get close to God, to hear from him, as His direction will help me to avoid being found at the wrong place or in the wrong company. She later prayed with me. Ever since then, that was the first and last time such happened to me. I still had not seen Tina weeks after, But I still prayed she would come off that path and accept the faith in Christ.

So it’s two weeks to Exam and the time table was out. We were going to have it through 3 weeks. I happened to finish before Tina, as the last paper was an elective course that I did not select.  Before she left for the exam hall, she was glad that she has just one paper to end this session. I smiled and wished her luck. She then left.

After an hour into the Exam, a loud thud was heard at the centre of the hall… Tina had passed-out and fallen off her seat. The school health officer was contacted immediately, and she was rush to the school clinic.

Tricia! Tricia!! Tricia!!!

I was startled out of my room, it was Emily running like she saw a scary being.

Tricia: yes! What’s it?

Emily: Tina! It’s Tina!

Tricia: what about her? Please calm down and tell me what happened?

Emily: She has been taking to the hospital, she fainted in the exam hall.

Tricia: What?!! Oh my God! Please Lord save her, whatever it may be.
I got dressed quickly and hurried to the school health centre, but on reaching there, I was told she has been taken to a hospital in town. I got the name of the hospital, returned to the lodge to get some money and left for town to see her. But I was not allowed to see her, she was in the OR (operating room). So I went back to the lodge, all attempts to see her at the hospital failed, only family members were allowed.

Two weeks later, she was discharged and I was contacted by her, so I went to see her. Thankfully, she was recuperating fast

Tricia: Hi girl, how are you doing? I was really scared for you, thank God you’re back home.

Tina: T-gal, I’m ok but... (Starts crying)

Tricia: oh dear, please stop crying, I’m still here with you. You can tell me what happened.

Tina: After our conversation few months back on Sam, it took just a week for him to notice my advances and he asked me out and I accepted. We were always together, we got intimate really quick. I thought I was loved; felt I was having fun. Then on Valentine’s day, he said he didn’t want conventional party stuff and wanted us to see a movie. So we went to the Cinema that night, few minutes to the movie, his hands was already skimming all over me, and he suggested we go to his place. So we left, and you know…. Once we got home, we slept together…

Tricia: Oh no… you let him have it.

Tina: I was just…I can’t explain it… I wanted to feel among the cool girls on campus… But he still stayed with me and we got much closer. Few weeks later, I noticed some changes in me, I had headaches and bouts of fever. So I bought some pills for the pain, but it didn’t go away. I actually felt worse. So I decided to go the hospital, only to be told that I was 1 month pregnant. It was then I recalled I hadn’t seen my cycle that month. I was devastated. I went to Sam’s place to tell him. He said he loved me, but we cannot continue with what was in me, as it will pose a barrier. So he suggested I abort the baby.

Tricia: Oh my God!

Tina:  I told him I was scared, but he assured me that he knew someone that would do that, and I don’t need to worry as he will pay for the bills. I agreed. It was done and everything was seemingly back to normal. Although I felt pains, once in a while, but I was on pills which reduced the pain. So on the exam day when I fainted, I had internal bleeding and so lost consciousness. Apparently, the D & C was improperly done. The doctor said I was lucky to have survived…. though they had to remove my Uterus. I’ve lost my Feminine treasure, T-gal.

Tricia: oh dear, so sorry you had to go through this stuff… that’s what I was trying to keep you from.

Tina: I’m so sorry Tricia, I should have listened to you. Look what I’ve put myself into.

Tricia: what about your parents?

Tina:  They were disappointed, especially as they made sure I lacked nothing. But they said I’m the only daughter, and won’t afford to lose me, so they still had me home, but basically everything is no more as it used to be. (Starts crying again)

Tricia:  please my dear, stop crying, God can turn things around for you. You’re alive, that’s enough to begin afresh. And what of Sam?

Tina: I’ve not heard from him since the incidence… I basically don’t know where he is.

Tricia: well, you’d be better off without him

Tina: I hope so T-gal… I still miss him… and with me like this now, if he’s not back, which guy is going to accept me this way.

Tricia: God will help you work things out. Hear this, “For there is hope for a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that its shoots will not cease. Though its root grows old in the earth, and its stump die in the soil, yet at the scent of water it will bud and put out branches like a young plant”, Job. 14:7-9.

Tina: But how do I find hope?

Tricia: In Jesus.

Tina: I guess I may need to consider this your church talks after all, but there is something I need to tell you…

Tricia: Ok.

Tina: The outing… the whole book fair incident was actually planned by I and Sam. He felt angry that you never accepted his advances, and then made me believe that since, I had lost my “pearls”, you’d always feel better than me, so I needed to bring you to my level, so I told them you loved books, so the book fair was a best catch.

Tricia: Oh my God, Tina! Tina!!, why? What did I ever do wrong to you? How could you muster the thought to do this to me? I thought you’re my friend…Oh no…this is unbelievable… (I was in tears now)

Tina: I’m sorry Tricia…  please forgive me.

Tina’s phone rings…. She stares at it for a while… I looked up at her (as her confession had kept my face bowed low)

Tina: It’s Sam

(to be continued….)


Remain Blessed
(Please do share as you are blessed and also follow me on any of the Social Media platforms)

Much Love from Joan.

NB: (This is a work of fiction. Names, Incidents, events, etc. are used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.)

Post a Comment

 
Top