0


“It was another valentine’s day, Everyone seemed exceptionally happy- talking about showing love/going out with loved ones; hanging out with Friends, both the good and the bad; the environment is filled with touch of Red and White, you know, signs and posts of “love is in the air”, all in the name of Love. And me, I once tried all that, but this Particular year, i wanted a different and memorable Valentine, so i planned to just study or find a heart to encourage this Valentine instead of wild Parties. 

You want to know why? Here is why: My name is Nina and this is my Story:

I got into the Campus as one with strong moral values, I was Academically inclined and Focused but also made time for friends. I spent my First year in campus coming from home, but moved in to off campus hostel in my 2nd year.

I was a beauty to behold, but I never held on to that ‘cos I believed more in Character. But no Pretty Lady on Campus escapes the calls of guys – the good and bad- but when they came, I chose to stay off that lane. I had a future and a dream to pursue and the last thing I needed was a distraction. I was not needy anyways, my parents were financially capable in meeting all my needs.

I had a reading Group of 7 on Campus, but by end of our 2nd year, 3 persons became less involved and there was just the four of Us- Judith, Sam, Pascal and I. We tried as much as possible to maintain Platonic friendship as reading mates, but then you have to gag and chain a goat for it not to eat the yam placed beside it.

By our 3rd year, Judith and Pascal already had developed strong attraction towards each other and I noticed the usually came together to the reading spot, unlike before, but i dismissed the thoughts and moved on with them. On this Valentine’s day, I got to the reading spot and waited, after some minutes, Sam came in and then Pascal and Judy came after like 30 minutes.

Nina: Pas and Judy, you guys came late today, why? And Judy you forgot to bring the Study CD we are to study?

Pascal: Relax Girl, today is Valentine’s day not book day, we need to have fun at times you know.

Judy: Yea, Nina relax, Pas is Right. We need to Chill out.

Nina: Are you guys serious? But we just ended our 2-day group study recess yesterday.

Sam: Guys, please can we reach a Truce: lets say we study for 1 hr today and then go for Valentine outing.

{Sam was the peacemaker in the group. He never loved it when disagreements stretches.}

Pas and Judy: No reading today…” Please.”, Are you guys coming with us? 

And with no response from either i or Sam, they both walked out. I opened my mouth, but no words came out and I shut it…I was dumbfounded. 
However, I decided to shun their absence and have the study with Sam. (I didn’t know Judy and Pas also used that as an avenue to set me up with Sam). 
So while I was buried in the study book trying to analyse some equations, Sam was staring at me.

Sam: Nina, you are very pretty Girl

Nina: Pardon? (I heard it, but didn’t want to entertain that then)

Sam: You are very Pretty Girl and I have really come to like you.

Nina: Oh! Thank you. So can you help with explaining these Equation Please?

Sam: Don’t you get it, I’m distracted now by your beauty, reading is off course right now.  All I can think of now is spending time with you outside these books.
(He drew closer to me and I literally froze and stepped aside quickly)

Sam: You don’t find me handsome and I’m not rich enough right…. I’ll go and find someone of my Class.

Nina: No Sam, wait, that’s not it. Look you are nice Guy and I know most ladies would want a cool guy like you.

Sam: Most ladies? But not You?

Nina: Just Sit and Listen, Please.

Sam: OK, I’m all ears.

What does Nina have to say? will it lead to her accepting Sam’s subtle request or will she reject it?

What will become of their Platonic Study friendship?

Comments are welcomed.

(STORY CONTINUES Next week on Valentine’s Eve)


Remain Blessed
Much Love from Joan.

Post a Comment

 
Top